What is Potenza Microneedling?
Are you looking for the ultimate skin and body pick-me-up? If so, our Potenza microneedling treatment is for you.
Potenza is an FDA-approved technology that combines radiofrequency and microneedling to remodel, renew, and energize the skin on a few different levels. It has tightening and stimulating effects that make it a fantastic non-surgical facelift alternative.
Potenza is extremely customizable, which allows your registered nurse to tailor your treatment based on your precise goals. Hoping to increase skin luminosity and reduce surface blemishes or fine lines? Potenza can do that. Are you interested in toning your body and reducing loose skin? Potenza does that, too. Looking for hybrid effects? With Potenza RF microneedling, we can make it happen.
Potenza works by stimulating the skin and increasing collagen and elastin production on a very deep level. This robust anti-
aging and renewing treatment takes the word “glow up” to a whole new level. These are some of the specific benefits you can expect:
- Tighter, firmer skin on the face and body
- Reduction in wrinkles and fine lines
- Reduction in texture
- Faded blemishes and a brighter complexion
- Reduction in cellulite
- Totally customizable, to offer you the precise results you want
We explain how Potenza works in even more detail on our blog.
What Can I Expect During Treatment?
At SEV, Potenza treatments are always carried out by one of our registered nurses. An appointment takes about on
hour to complete, which includes a quick consultation, preparation, and treatment.
Your nurse will start by reviewing your goals, confirming that you’re a good candidate, and letting you know what to expect. T
hen, they’ll apply a numbing cream to the treatment area. The nurse will adjust the Potenza RF microneedling settings based on your personal goals and open a brand new, disposable microneedling tip.
Once everything is set up, they’ll cleanse the treatment area, and get started. Your nurse will systematically move the microneedling tip over your skin, allowing the needles to penetrate to the correct depth and deliver a stimulating radiofrequency current.
You may experience some discomfort during the procedure. If it feels downright painful, though, let your nurse know.
How Do I Prepare for Potenza Treatment?
Potenza is one of the most powerful and effective treatments we offer at SEV, so we ask you to prepare for it accordingly.
- Make sure to review the consent form or any other documentation we send over prior to your appointment, to ensure that you don’t have any contraindications.
- A few days before your treatment, stop using exfoliating skincare products like glycolic acid. If you’re using prescription retinoids, take a 7-day break.
- We need you well-hydrated! Make sure to drink plenty of water and avoid any alcohol for the 24 hours before your treatment.
- If you’re treating a body part with dense hair growth, shave either on the day of or the day before the appointment.
- Please come to your appointment with clean skin, free from makeup or lotions.
- We’ll ask you to remove all of your metal jewelry before your appointment, so consider accessorizing lightly.
How Soon Can I Expect Results?
The cool thing about Potenza is that it has both short and long-term results. Immediately after your treatment, your skin might be a little red
and tender, but that should fade in the coming days. Then, within a week or two, you may notice subtle but visible improvements to skin firmness and luminosity.
For full results, we recommend doing at least three to five Potenza microneedling treatments. You’ll see dramatic results around three months
after your last treatment, but improvements often continue for the three or nine months beyond that.
Try Potenza at SEV
Now that you know what is Potenza and what a treatment is like, would you like to give it a try?
We now offer Potenza treatments at our SEV locations in Miami, Chicago, also at Skin and Body, Los Angeles. If you’re in California, we also offer a different microneedling and radiofrequency treatment called Morpheus8.
Book your appointment with the click of a button, and get ready for the treatment that’ll supercharge your skin.