Table of Contents
Bikini Laser Hair Removal Before and After Guide
If you’re interested in always looking smooth when wearing a bikini or some sexy lingerie, bikini line laser hair removal is the best treatment to pursue. It’s a quick procedure that eliminates the hair normally visible around the outline of most panties, allowing you to show skin with confidence. But what can you expect before and after bikini laser hair removal?
In this post, we’ll cover the fundamental basics, like how you can prepare your body for a safe treatment, how you can care for your skin after your bikini laser hair removal session, and general tips for what you can expect.
How To Prepare your Skin for the Bikini Laser Hair Removal
Before your bikini laser hair removal appointment, the most important thing is to make sure that you can actually undergo the treatment safely. We’ll have you go over a checklist when you book your appointment. You also should consult our customer care page to ensure that you’re a good candidate for laser.
In general, though, these are the main pre-laser tips:
- Make sure to shave the day before your bikini laser hair removal appointment. Avoid all other hair removal methods.
- On the day of your appointment, make sure not to wear any lotions or deodorants over your bikini area.
- Don’t tan (naturally or otherwise) for at least two to four weeks before your appointment. Make sure that your skin is at its natural skin tone.
- Stop using skin-renewing skincare products like body lotions with glycolic or salicylic acid for a week or so before your appointment. More intense treatments like tretinoin (Retin-A) must be stopped two weeks before the appointment.
- Avoid taking iron supplements three days prior to your appointment.
What to Expect After Treatment
Here’s what you can expect in the days after your bikini laser hair removal appointment, especially if it’s your first one.
- A little bit of redness or tenderness is normal as your skin heals from the treatment.
- Within a week or two, some hair may start to shed on its own as it regrows.
- During that shedding process, you may see some mild ingrowns, but rest assured these will stop being an issue with repeated hair removal treatments.
- Three to four weeks after your treatment, as the hair grows back, you can expect around 10% to 20% hair reduction, although this varies from patient to patient.
- Remember – it usually takes 6 to 12 treatments of laser hair removal to see a near-complete reduction in hair growth.
How To Care for Skin After Bikini Laser Hair Removal
Whether you experience common side effects or not, it’s really important to follow good aftercare for your bikini line.
- Moisturize and soothe the skin with gentle, fragrance-free lotions or aloe vera.
- Avoid activities that’ll irritate the skin, like saunas, exercise, jacuzzis, and hot showers.
- Avoid any direct sun exposure. If you do go out in a swimsuit, make sure to wear sunscreen.
- Don’t use scented lotions or deodorants on the bikini line.
- Don’t use exfoliating products for the first week after your treatment.
- Consider exfoliating ten days after the treatment if you do experience some hair shedding and ingrowns.
- Four to six weeks after your first appointment, come back for a second one! For best results, it’s important to be consistent with your bikini line laser treatments.
Booking Your Bikini Line Laser
The sooner you start your treatments, the sooner you can have your own laser hair removal before and after bikini line experience. You’ll be able to wear swimsuits and lingerie whenever you want without worrying about unwanted hair! If you’d like to get started, book your appointment at your nearest SEV.