Manzilian laser hair removal is not an official industry term, but a fun bit of slang for when Brazilian hair removal is performed on guys.
Real talk: While you may think the term itself is a little funny, wanting to get hairfree is super legit! Men are very welcome to enjoy laser hair removal at SEV. As far as our amazing nurses and laser technicians are concerned, a Brazilian is a Brazilian regardless of what’s going on between your legs. The same applies to our unisex pricing – you don’t pay more just becaue you’re a man.
But we also know that Brazilian laser hair removal can be a little intimidating for men, so in this post, we’ll explain everything you need to know about getting really smooth down there.
What is Manzilian Laser Hair Removal?
“Manzilian” is a portmanteau of the words man and Brazilian. If you’re not familiar, Brazilian laser hair removal targets all of the hair growing around the pubic area and genitals.
If you prefer, your nurse or laser technician can also leave some hair behind – many men request that we preserve a small patch of hair over the pubic mound (i.e. a “landing strip”).
If you like, we can also combine your “Manzilian” treatment with other treatment areas like the buttocks, stomach, or legs.
How Does Manzilian Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal, regardless of the area being treated, works as follows. The powerful pulse of light from the laser penetrates through the skin. The light is attracted to the pigment in the root of the hair. The hair follicle absorbs that light, which damages it in such a way that prevents regrowth.
The process is quick, and an appointment only takes around 10 minutes! You may feel a slight stinging sensation during the treatment, but our laser equipment is fitted with a cool shot that helps to calm the skin immediately after each zap.
This is a permanent hair removal treatment, and most men will see a complete reduction in hair following 6 to 12 treatments.
How To Prepare for a Manzilian?
Make sure to check out our customer care page before your laser hair removal treatment. In general, these are the things we ask all of our customers before every appointment.
- Stop using any topical medications or skincare treatments that can thin the skin, like retinoids or exfoliants.
- Come to your appointment with shaved skin.
- Make sure your skin is clean and free from deodorants or lotions.
- Avoid unprotected sun exposure and tanning on the area to be treated.
Manzilian Laser Hair Removal Aftercare
After your Manzilian laser hair removal appointment, your skin might be a little red and irritated. This is perfectly normal and should calm down within a few days. In order to help your skin heal, here are a few tips.
- You can apply aloe vera or unscented lotions to soothe your skin. Avoid any scented lotions or deodorants.
- For a few days, keep the treated area covered from the sun but avoid wearing tight pants or underwear which may cause friction.
- Avoid any activities that can expose your skin to heat, moisture, and friction, such as exercise, saunas, and hot tubs.
- Don’t use any exfoliating treatments for at least a week following treatment.
- Make sure to avoid any sun exposure. Since we recommend doing a series of laser hair removal treatments over the course of a few months, we suggest staying out of the sun or the tanning booth for that entire time.
- If you do experience some ingrown hairs or clogged follicles, you can gently exfoliate the skin ten days after your treatment.
Getting a Manzilian at SEV
We’d love to have you visit us for your Manzilian laser hair removal. We pride ourselves on being pretty chill and always offering caring, friendly service to all of our customers. Plus, making an appointment is easy through our online portal.
We know that coming in for a Brazilian hair removal treatment can be a little intimidating, regardless of gender. Have no fear! Our incredible laser techs and registered nurses are pros at helping the laser hair removal process go by quickly and easily, with an incredible bedside manner that guarantees you’ll be feeling completely at ease.